I’ve seen Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, and The Minions film. They were all great, and I look forward to watching them all…it’s safe to say I’m a fan!
Steve Carrell is great as Gru, and Kristen Wiig is one of my favourite comedy actresses at the moment…..but Despicable Me 3 just lacked something.
The film was only 90 minutes long, and focused on Gru’s long lost brother, Dru (also voiced by Carrell) trying to convince Gru to return to his villainous ways.
- The mansion where Dru lived, and his opulent lifestyle, was great, and made me smile!
- Kristin Wiig as Lucy – light hearted, and just the right amount of comedy.
- There were a few LOL moments…but not enough.
- The character of Balthazar Bratt. Nothing against Trey Parker as his voice, it’s just that the character wasn’t great. They tried to give a nod to an older viewing audience than the target audience, by making Bratt 80’s themed, but it just didn’t work.
- The storyline – is the concept of Despicable Me getting old now, or was it just a poor film?
Anyway, if I were you, I’d want until this is on your TV, rather than taking the time to see it in the cinema!